PRAIRIE DU SAC, Wis. - Wollersheim Winery & Distillery is donating $50,400 to Wisconsin Veterans after a whiskey fundraiser.
The profits come from a one-of-a-kind whiskey. Red White & Blue American Whiskey is made with red, white and blue corn that is grown by a local farmer.
The amount of each color corn used is proportionate to the American flag. That’s 42% red, 41 ½% white and 7% blue. The whiskey was aged for three years in Wisconsin oak barrels.
The bottles went for sale at 10 a.m. Saturday for $100 a bottle. All 504 bottles sold out in just two hours.
Wollersheim is donating profits from every bottle sold directly to Wisconsin Veterans.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Local businesses doing welfare checks on elderly during heat wave
- West Baraboo woman receives 6th OWI
- John Doe found in Wisconsin grave in 1988 now identified
- ‘It could always go either way': Police credit tipster, tactical team for peaceful standoff ending
- Man arrested after two-hour standoff in Town of Dellona
- Janesville man dies in Milton crash Tuesday