JANSEN, Neb. - Authorities have released the name of a Fairbury man who was killed when his sport utility vehicle collided with a truck hauling bricks in southeast Nebraska.
The crash occurred just after 5:30 p.m. Monday on U.S. Highway 136, about 2 miles (3.2 kilometers) east of Fairbury. Witnesses reported that the eastbound SUV swerved into oncoming traffic and struck the truck, which was hauling several pallets of bricks on a trailer.
Jefferson County Sheriff Nels Sorensen identified the SUV driver Tuesday as Alexander Joubert. The truck driver was identified as a 56-year-old Wisconsin resident, Marcus Ward. He was treated for minor scrapes and bruises.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- The Ride event in Madison canceled due to poor weather
- Highway 14 open after Rock County crash
- Man breaks leg, requires surgery following hit-and-run in Madison
- 15-year-old Madison teen crashes car into tree, arrested for OWI
- Pecatonica Area School District responds to controversial float in homecoming parade
- Police: 19-year-old woman sexually assaulted in car while visiting downtown Madison