MADISON, Wis. - Wednesday's Powerball drawing will have an estimated jackpot of $381 million, according to a news release from the Wisconsin Lottery.
This jackpot is the highest total so far for 2019 and also the highest drawing since the largest jackpot at $750 million last October.
Wisconsin ticket-holders have won the largest prize twice in Powerball history, once in 2006 andonce in 2017. The last win came in March 2017, when a Milwaukee resident bought a ticket in Pewaukee and took home the $156.2 million jackpot.
Apart from the jackpot, Powerball has prizes ranging from $4 to $1 million. Each ticket costs $2 and must be purchased by 9 p.m. on Wednesday and Saturday to be included in that night’s drawing.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
'Jamison oozed life': Mother of boy who died in Wisconsin River remembers son
Dane County Humane Society supports efforts to block Spring Green beagle breeding facility
- Dane County Humane Society supports efforts to block Spring Green beagle breeding facility
- Man expected to survive after being shot by deputy during hostage situation in Marquette County
- The overlooked danger in severe weather: lightning strikes
- 2 men rob cigarettes from Kwik Trip using screwdriver, crowbar
- Complaint: Women facing charges one year after girl dies of suffocation, patterned beating
- 4 children, 2 adults dead after house fire in northern Wisconsin