NEW YORK - WISC-TV accepted the Edward R. Murrow award Monday night in New York City for excellence in innovation for the station’s coverage of the 2016 presidential election.
Hundreds of the nation's top local and network journalists gathered in New York City on Monday for the 2017 RTDNA Edward R. Murrow Awards Gala.
Since 1971, the Radio Television Digital News Association has been honoring outstanding electronic journalism.
WISC-TV won the excellence in innovation award for the station’s 2016 presidential election coverage that included livestreams, digital interactivity, live interaction with news crews and political experts, in-depth reporting on air and online and extensive election night coverage.
“We are thrilled to be honored for not only quality journalism but for coming up with innovative ways to connect with new audiences," WISC-TV News Director Colin Benedict said. "This is a reflection of our commitment to serve our community wherever they are.”
Watch the full award submission online.
WISC-TV won three national Murrow awards in 2016: Overall Excellence, best newscast and feature reporting.
- DeForest man charged with 5 counts of receiving child pornography
- Second Harvest Foodbank receives grant for Beloit school pantry
- Madison man accused of producing child porn using a cellphone, authorities say
- 24-year-old charged with producing, distributing child pornography, officials say
- South West Madison Employment Center officially open
- Police search for suspect in Lake Geneva home invasion