MADISON, Wis. - The Wisconsin Broadcasters Association honored WISC-TV with the titles of Station of the Year, News Operation of the Year and Social and Digital Media Station of the Year in a medium market Saturday night.
The station additonally took home nine first-place awards for its news coverage and community impact throughout the year.
For its coverage of the historic flooding across southern Wisconsin this fall, the station won best evening newscast in the medium market category. It also received first place in spot news and morning newscast in a medium market for its coverage of the tragic explosion that rocked Sun Prairie in July.
WISC-TV was also awarded for the significant community impact that resulted from its #SunPrairieStrong Telethon that raised more than $163,000 to help Sun Prairie families and businesses.
The station took home the gold in a medium market for its coverage of the 2018 midterm elections and its digital coverage of 'heavy users' that repeatedly return to the Dane County criminal justice system.
Leah Linscheid was the winner of best online personality in a medium market, and the News 3 Now sports team took home first place for best sportscast in a medium market.
A full list of winners can be found on the WBA website.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Shots fired on Langdon Street near UW-Madison campus
Soiree for historical landmark brings awareness to Madison's cultural history
- Fire department: Fire at Mallards stadium being investigated as potentially suspicious
- How to find affordable groceries in Madison area
- Wisconsin Science Festival is back with clean water theme
- Dane County District Attorney announces reelection campaign, addresses reformative justice
- UW marching band to perform at Packers/Raiders game
- Wisconsin BASE jumper who got stuck in cables arrested on suspicion of trespassing