MADISON, Wis. - The Wisconsin Broadcasters Association honored WISC-TV with the titles of Station of the Year, News Operation of the Year and Social and Digital Media Station of the Year in a medium market Saturday night.
The station additonally took home nine first-place awards for its news coverage and community impact throughout the year.
For its coverage of the historic flooding across southern Wisconsin this fall, the station won best evening newscast in the medium market category. It also received first place in spot news and morning newscast in a medium market for its coverage of the tragic explosion that rocked Sun Prairie in July.
WISC-TV was also awarded for the significant community impact that resulted from its #SunPrairieStrong Telethon that raised more than $163,000 to help Sun Prairie families and businesses.
The station took home the gold in a medium market for its coverage of the 2018 midterm elections and its digital coverage of 'heavy users' that repeatedly return to the Dane County criminal justice system.
Leah Linscheid was the winner of best online personality in a medium market, and the News 3 Now sports team took home first place for best sportscast in a medium market.
A full list of winners can be found on the WBA website.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- 'Run Outside': How football is helping one Madison family find joy in battle with Alzheimer's
- Crews postpone search for child in Wisconsin River, sheriff says
- 'We stand with the immigrant community': Madison leaders respond to potential ICE arrests next week
- Consumer Reports: Easy summer meals in a pressure cooker
- 'Please stop': Rash of road sign thefts costs neighbors
- 'It can happen to anyone over the course of their career': Community mourns deaths of 2 officers