MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are investigating after shots were fired on the 600 block of Langdon Street near the UW-Madison campus Thursday night.
Officers found property damage in the area, according to Madison police Sgt. Stuart Moeser.
In an off-campus alert sent to students, police say the suspects were gone before police got to the scene.
The original call came in at 10:33 p.m. and the Wisc Alert was sent just after 11 p.m.
Langdon Street between Lake and Frances Streets was closed for nearly two hours as police investigated. A bullet hole is visible in a window for an apartment building on that block.
Dane County dispatch said no one was injured.
Anyone with information about this shooting is asked to call Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Police: Drone 'instrumental' in overnight search for missing man found incoherent in culvert
Whooping cranes migrating from Wisconsin return to Alabama national wildlife refuge
- Whooping cranes migrating from Wisconsin return to Alabama national wildlife refuge
- Mother, daughter who went missing in West Allis found safe
- Video of convicted Jayme Closs kidnapper fighting in prison released
- JoJo Siwa to perform at Kohl Center next year
- Police search for group that pistol-whipped man on Madison's west side and stole his car, phone
- Man found with loaded handgun, cocaine, $1,300 cash arrested