WHITEWATER, Wis. - Three juveniles were arrested Thursday in connection with a bomb threat that caused district officials to put Whitewater Middle School on lockdown, according to a release.
Whitewater police responded around 10:45 a.m. to the Whitewater Middle School regarding a written bomb threat, officials said.
The school was placed on hold as staff members and police officers searched the building, according to the release.
No suspicious devices were found and classes resumed their normal schedules at noon, police said.
During the hold, all other buildings in the Whitewater Unified School District were placed on heightened awareness, officials said.
According to the release, the three juveniles were identified before the end of the school day, and appropriate enforcement action has been taken.
- Officials warn of scams targeting grandparents
- Consumer Reports: Distracted driving
- 2 killed in apparent drunken driving crash
- DCSO: Man crashes into squad car after pursuit, deputy hurt
- Police: registered sex offender found running through west side backyards
- New overnight finals-week shuttle at UW-Madison designed for student safety