MILWAUKEE - A suburban Milwaukee mother is charged with child neglect after her two young children were found alone in a hot car outside a Target store.
Police responded to the Target parking lot in West Allis last Sunday after a woman saw the children in the car with the windows rolled up, observed one of them playing with a shaving razor in the back seat and called police.
A criminal complaint says the temperature at the time was 78 and the car was parked in the sun. Twenty-seven-year-old Allison Andrade, of West Allis, is charged with child neglect, obstructing police and bail jumping. The complaint says Andrade gave police a false name when she was questioned by officers.
The children, ages 2 and 4, were not seriously injured. Andrade's attorney didn't immediately return a call for comment.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Madison police: Report of shots fired off Beltline near Seminole Highway
Sheriff: 13-year-old on GPS monitoring was driver in high-speed chase that ended in Columbia County
- Sheriff: 13-year-old on GPS monitoring was driver in high-speed chase that ended in Columbia County
- Police: Janesville man who drove on curbs, damaged public property arrested for 8th OWI
- DNC delegations won't stay in Madison, but party chair says visitors will
- Fennimore man faces 3 charges of sexual assault involving 3 children
- Dane County uses snow plow simulator to prepare drivers for winter
- Dane County Medical Examiner identifies Madison's first homicide victim of 2019