SPRINGFIELD, Wis. - Hensen Bros. Dairy was selected to host the 40th annual Dane County Breakfast on the Farm, June 9.
Breakfast on the Farm is held the second Saturday in June and offers breakfast and entertainment throughout the morning.
According to a release, the Hensen Family has been farming for more than 150 years, for five generations.
The event is expected to draw more than 6,000 people.
"The Breakfast on the Farm is not only filled with food and fun, but there are plenty of educational opportunities as well," Kristin Olson, a co-event coordinator, said. "Guests at the breakfast may sample new low-fat dairy products, get up close and personal with a cow and learn about modern farm technology, from computerized equipment to land conservation and animal care."
According to the release, Alice in Dairyland and Bucky Badger will attend. They will also crown Dane County's Fairest of the Fair.
The breakfast includes tour stations, horse-drawn wagon rides and live music by the Soggy Prairie Boys.
The breakfast will be open to the public.
- Man leads police on high-speed chase, injures 4 in hit-and-run crash
- Officials looking for trio in Wisconsin Lottery ticket robbery
- Milwaukee man dies in car crash, fire after shot fired
- Man arrested after grabbing woman's buttocks at bar, police say
- Milwaukee man shot, wounded during attempted robbery
- Milwaukee police investigate death of baby boy