WAUNAKEE, Wis. - Prairie Elementary School was put on hold Thursday as police responded to a domestic incident, officials said.
Waunakee police received information around 11:15 a.m. from Madison police about a domestic incident that occurred in the city of Madison, according to a release.
A man involved in the domestic incident made homicidal and suicidal statements, and then said he was going to pickup and harm his child, who attends Prairie Elementary School in Waunakee, police said.
Waunakee police advised Prairie Elementary School to be put on hold, which means instruction continues normally inside, but students are not allowed outside, Superintendent Randy Guttenberg said.
As of 1:15 p.m., the school was on hold and the incident was still ongoing.
Madison police have probable cause to arrest the man when he is located, officials said.
Waunakee police will remain at the school until the end of the day, and will work with the district for release plans if the man has not yet been located.
- Livingston tractor pull raises money for boy injured on farm
- Madison College encourages women to get into firefighting
- Henry Vilas Zoo celebrates first annual World Giraffe Day
- Madisonians march to speak out against immigration policy
- Wisconsin man headed to Arizona for new trial in son's death
- Milwaukee man dies in Michigan after race across Great Lake