DODGE COUNTY, Wis. - A Watertown man was found guilty of second-degree sexual assault of a child in Dodge County Tuesday.
Juan Malaga, 27, is now facing up to 25 years in prison.
Dodge County officials said in April 2018 Malaga was watching his stepchildren while their mom was working. Malaga then carried one of the children into his bedroom and locked the door. He removed the child's pants and touched that child inappropriately.
Malaga then told the child that he knew it was illegal, and that the child shouldn't tell her mom.
The child reported other inappropriate contact, including Malaga pulling her hair and mentioning that a sibling had also been touched sexually.
In a plea agreement, the prosecutor recommended that Malaga serve several years in prison while also registering as a sex offender. As a part of the deal, Malaga's bond was revoked and the court ordered him into custody until he is sentenced.
A sentencing hearing is scheduled for Nov. 22.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Wisconsin legislators push in-state tuition for tribes
- AFP targets Democratic legislators in 2020 races
- Protesters expected to rally at Capitol, MG&E to demand clean energy, climate action
- Get your gourd early! Cold, wet weather kills 20-percent of pumpkins as local farms prepare to open
- Man given 40 years in prison for drug debt homicide
- Motorist killed in crossfire of gun fight in Milwaukee