MADISON, Wis. - A water main break that shot water above telephone poles has closed North Charter Street, officials said.
Dane County officials said the break was reported around 5:10 a.m. in the 200 block of Charter Street on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus.
Madison police said they received reports that the water was high enough that it went over telephone poles in the area.
Madison Water Utility officials said the break is on a UW-Madison water main. Calls to the UW Plumbing Shop have not yet been returned.
It is not clear how long the road will be closed.
Local groups raise awareness about limited access to drinking water on World Water Day
Multiple fire units respond to fire at Cross Plains residence, dispatchers say
- Local groups raise awareness about limited access to drinking water on World Water Day
- Multiple fire units respond to fire at Cross Plains residence, dispatchers say
- Mexico travel concerns ahead of spring break
- Animal rights groups upset sexual abuse bill not scheduled
- Snowstorm expected to start Friday night in southern Wisconsin
- East side fire causes $250K in damage, fire officials say