MADISON, Wis. - A water main break that shot water above telephone poles has closed North Charter Street, officials said.
Dane County officials said the break was reported around 5:10 a.m. in the 200 block of Charter Street on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus.
Madison police said they received reports that the water was high enough that it went over telephone poles in the area.
Madison Water Utility officials said the break is on a UW-Madison water main. Calls to the UW Plumbing Shop have not yet been returned.
It is not clear how long the road will be closed.
- 21-year-old man crashes after looking down at phone
- Capitol Petro ordered to pay $1.2 million in assets for selling synthetic marijuana
- Missing Kenosha man found safe, officials say
- State relied on NAFTA for 2016 exports
- Greyhound driver in pursuit could face charges
- Police release surveillance images of gas station robbery