MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker says he's staying home to watch Wisconsin in the Big 10 championship football game.
The Badgers face Ohio State in the game Saturday night. It's being played in Indianapolis, which is about 325 miles south of Madison.
Walker says he plans to watch it at home with his wife and her family. Walker says that's easier than traveling to Indianapolis.
He says, "An intense game like this, I appreciate being at home."
Walker has proposed a bet with Ohio Gov. John Kasich, a 2016 presidential race rival, that includes Wisconsin beer, cheese, brats and HARIBO candy. The German candy-maker is building its first North American plant in Wisconsin.
Sheriff: Driver appeared to deliberately try to hit deputy while officials responded to crash
No new DA office prosecutors for Dane County despite shortage
- Sheriff: Driver appeared to deliberately try to hit deputy while officials responded to crash
- No new DA office prosecutors for Dane County despite shortage
- Students discuss school security concerns
- Teacher, firearms instructor agree arming teachers is not the way to prevent school shootings
- Madison software company creates safety technology for school districts
- Officials arrest 16 in the investigation of drug distribution in Walworth County