MADISON, Wis. - Gov. Scott Walker has signed an emergency declaration in response to elevated wildfire conditions in Wisconsin.
The declaration activates the Wisconsin National Guard to help Wisconsin Emergency Management and the Department of Natural Resources with wildfire suppression support.
The National Weather Service issued red flag warnings Sunday and Monday for much of the state due to the high potential for wildfires. That warning was lifted Tuesday.
- Authorities suspend search for missing boy until Monday
- Monroe Street construction on track to finish in mid-November
- Janesville couple thanks Rock County dispatcher who saved man's life
- Minnesota man gets 25 years in beating death of toddler
- 28-year-old man arrested after grabbing money from woman and running, officials said
- Sauk County announces new dates for public safety training