MADISON, Wis. - Volunteers and their four-legged friends cleaned up the off-leash dog park at Quann Park on Saturday.
The annual cleanup effort is organized by Barb Gilligan, who provides trash bags and buckets for debris. Gilligan divides the park into sections for volunteers to cover. For her, it's just about giving back.
"This is where I spend my free time, and I just want it to be nice," Gilligan said.
The cleanup at Quann Park is always the last Saturday of March. If you're interested in leading the volunteer cleanup at another park, go to the City of Madison website.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Madison jazz legend and radio host dies after battle with cancer
- Drivers detouring US 151 construction lead to increase in crashes at Dodgeville intersection
- Aw, shucks! 'Corn sweat' can cause local spikes in humidity, heat index
- 2 Wisconsin brothers missing in Missouri
- Uber driver brings 2 sisters 200 miles from Madison to aunt's 100th birthday party in Minnesota
- Train fans turn out in Altoona to see Big Boy