MADISON, Wis. - A blurry video posted to Facebook Tuesday shows the incident involving a teacher and a student at Whitehorse Middle School.
The video was posted to Facebook by Vanessa Rae McDowell, who said she had permission to share it from the mother of the student involved, Mikiea Price. In the video you can see what appears to be two people grabbing each other. They struggle, and then a third person comes in and they all fall to the ground.
Tuesday morning, Dane County District Attorney Ismael Ozanne announced that the teacher involved, Robert Mueller-Owens, will not face criminal charges in connection with the incident. He said that whether or not school policy was broken will be determined by officials with the Madison Metropolitan School District.
A police report shows differing accounts of what happened on the day of the altercation, including witness reports and statements from Mueller-Owens and the teacher.
Both MMSD and the Madison Police Department have copies of the video. MMSD said they could not share it for legal reasons and the Madison Police Department is not releasing it at this time.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- 56-year-old Janesville man arrested for 4th offense OWI, DOT reports
- Former Milwaukee jail leader sentenced in dehydration death
- Genealogist leads to 82-year-old charged in 1976 cold case
- Badgers lose, but day is win for local bars
- Russia report delivered to Rosenstein, then Barr
- Police issue 7 citations while riding along with Beloit Turner school bus drivers