The Juneau County Sheriff's Office has identified the man found in a burned down hunting stand in Plymouth Township.
Authorities said 57-year-old Gary J. Wojtowicz, of Windsor, was found in the rubble after his family reported him missing Monday.
Wojtowicz's family said he had mental health issues, and hadn't been in contact with them since Friday. They told authorities they found his car on their privately owned hunting land in Plymouth Township, but the car was abandoned.
Using a K-9, deputies searched the land and found a burned down hunting stand with Wojtowicz's remains inside.
The death remains under investigation, however, authorities don't suspect foul play or any danger to the community.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Wisconsin unemployment rate up for fifth straight month
- Woman says someone destroyed her American, Trump flag; spray-painted home on Veterans Day
- Sheriff says 2 dead, school shooter in grave condition
- Dunn County squad car rear-ended, drivers reminded to ‘move over or slow down'
- Madison officers pepper-spray man who threatens bus driver, police
- Complaint: Reedsburg man charged with showing girls sexual video