VERONA, Wis. - A religious lunch program for high school students is officially expanding to Verona.
On Wednesday night, the Verona Parks Board approved a request for the Jesus Lunch program to host meetings at Harriet Park for the next six Wednesdays.
The program will pay a fee to use the space.
Board members said religious groups have reserved the park for events in the past, so the request is not unusual.
The program provides a free lunch to high school students while sharing a biblical message.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Green Cab goes ‘greener': Company flips switch to all-electric Teslas
- Stoughton Area School District celebrates $150K gift from local company for stadium upgrades
- Madison police searching for thieves involved in stealing credit cards from area health clubs
- Judge rules against Madison Rastafarian church founders in eviction case
- Madison School Board releases times, locations of community input sessions for superintendent search
- Middleton hopes residents will weigh in on search for next police chief