TOWN OF SALEM, Wis. - A van driver was killed Friday morning in a crash with a school bus in Kenosha County.
A van rear-ended a school bus in the 24500 block of Wilmot Road around 9 a.m., the Kenosha County Sheriff's Department said. The bus was stopped on its route to Westosha Central High School.
WTMJ-TV reported that the van driver died. Three students suffered minor injuries and were taken to a hospital. The other student passengers were taken to Trevor Fire Department to be picked up by parents or released to school officials.
Highway C was closed between Highway 83 and 258th Avenue as officials investigate, the sheriff's department said. Motorists were asked to avoid the area.
- Snow, sleet, freezing rain making travel challenging
- Expelled UW-Madison student to take plea deal ahead of jury trial
- District, police investigate, mitigate threat to Baraboo High School over weekend
- Man arrested in death of 14-year-old
- 5th suspect arrested in Lac du Flambeau homicide
- Consumer Reports: Unproven stem cell treatments