MADISON, Wis. - University of Wisconsin-Green Bay Chancellor Gary Miller is leaving to take over as president at the University of Akron.
UW-Green Bay announced the move Wednesday. Miller will officially step down from his post at UW-Green Bay at the end of September.
Miller took over as chancellor in August 2014 after serving as chancellor at the University of North Carolina Wilmington. During his stint at UW-Green Bay he established the Richard J. Resch School of Engineering. He led the university to four straight years of increasing enrollment.
UW System President Ray Cross issued a statement calling Miller an effective leader.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Animal-free Venardos Circus running at West Towne Mall until Sept. 2
- Disney Classics returning to Marcus Theatres in September
- ‘It would have been a huge impact': Village happy Cambria plant is being sold rather than closing
- Senate Health Committee hears arguments for and against dental therapists bill
- Teacher says their contract was rescinded after staff discovered they support LGBTQ community
- Edgewood High School suing City of Madison in federal court