DODGE COUNTY, Wis. - A man and woman suffered serious injuries Sunday morning when their deck collapsed under them.
Dodge County sheriff's deputies were dispatched to 962 Main St. in Clyman just before 9 a.m.
A 46-year-old woman and a 46-year-old man walked out on the deck and it collapsed beneath them, the Sheriff's Office said. The deck was on the south side of the building and was for the upper residential apartment.
The man and woman fell with the deck onto the concrete driveway below. Both were conscious and alert afterward.
The woman was transported to Beaver Dam Community Hospital with serious injuries. Flight for Life took the man to Aurora Summit, also with serious injuries, the Sheriff's Office said.
The building owner said the deck was inspected approximately two years ago.
- UW-Madison professor develops new tuberculosis test to send to Africa
- Roads may freeze overnight after rainy day
- John McGivern hosts a preview party for Middleton "Around the Corner"-episode
- Assembly to vote on conservation corps, class time, lemonade stands, rental regulations
- Verona Historic Society asks city to protect 101-year-old school
- Southeastern Wisconsin workers furloughed after government shuts down