MADISON, Wis. - Two people were taken to the hospital Saturday following a rollover crash at the intersection of Junction Road and Harbor Town Drive, according to the City of Madison Fire Department.
Medic 2 and Engine Company 12 were sent to the scene. While en route, they received word that a passenger was possibly trapped inside one or both vehicles, fire officials said.
Upon arrival, Engine Company 12 found a damaged SUV blocking a lane of traffic and a second car on its roof facing the wrong way in the next lane of traffic, according to fire officials. There were no people inside either vehicle at the time.
Witnesses reported that three people, one adult and two children, who had been inside the car ran away from the scene of the crash, according to fire officials. Ladder Company 2, Medic 2 and Madison police eventually located them behind a nearby business.
The driver reported no injuries. The children reported minor injuries, were assessed by paramedics and were taken to the hospital for further evaluation, fire officials said.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- 'My future with my little brother's been taken': Family of teenage homicide victim lives with loss
- Landmarks Commission upholds demolition by neglect on Langdon Street home despite council directive
- 21-year-old Madison man killed in Monona crash
- Verona police searching for man who robbed Subway restaurant at gunpoint
- Edgewood College planning layoffs, reducing number of majors offered
- Wisconsin girl receives royal treatment with Make-A-Wish