MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are looking for two robbers who stole cash from a pedestrian while armed early Wednesday.
Officers responded to the area of Browning Road and Dryden Drive, near Warner Park, around midnight for a report of an armed robbery, according to the release.
Police said the victim, a 36-year-old man, was walking to a gas station from a nearby house when two suspects approached him. They were armed with a gun and pointed it at the victim’s head before demanding money.
According to the release, the victim gave the robbers cash, and the robbers left the scene on foot.
The victim was not injured during the robbery.
Both men were described as black, 18 years old and 5 feet 8 inches to 5 feet 10 inches tall with a thin build. They were both wearing dark clothing, according to the release.
Madison police are still investigating the incident. Anyone with information is asked to call 608-255-2345.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- New group forms to fight for UW funding
- Help send Brewers to All-Star Game
- Hunters kill 38K turkeys during spring hunt
- Megadeath cancels July 4 performance at Summerfest
- $100K in drugs, thousands in cash seized from suspected heroin dealer's home, police say
- Shell casings recovered at site of reported shooting on Madison's east side, police say