MADISON, Wis - Two Men And A Truck is kicking off their sixth annual Movers for Mom drive. There are more than 100 Madison-area locations to drop off supplies for women in local shelters.
Every spring, the moving business shows moms across the country how much they care by donating essential care items to women in need.
In 2017, franchise locations in 42 states donated 295,000 gifts. The Madison community helped collect 21,000 of those items.
"The community has just been great. Each year it gets a little bit bigger. We have just over 100 donation sites this year," said Tim Lightner, owner of the Madison location.
Some of the supplies needed include shampoo, soap, towels and gift cards. (See full list below)
Click here to see a list of local drop-off locations, including the Madison Children's Museum, Anytime Fitness and Park Bank.
Two Men And A Truck will deliver all donations to YWCA Rock County, YWCA Madison and Domestic Abuse Intervention Services in Madison.
"It really does help right here in the community, our mothers, our sisters, our grandmas, our friends. The items go directly to those people," said Lightner.
Movers for Moms Wish List:
- Women’s pajamas– all sizes S-3XL
- Women’s sweatshirts – all sizes S-3XL
- Women’s sweatpants – all sizes S-3XL
- Body spray
- Silverware sets & extra spoons
- New bath towel sets (body and face)
- African-American friendly hair care products (brands to look for: Cantu, Carol’s
- Daughter, Shea Moisture, Pantene Pro-V Truly Natural/Relaxed products)
- Laundry baskets/hampers
- New or gently used kitchen utensils (can openers, spatulas, spoons, etc.)
- New mops and brooms
- Paper/plastic products (plates, bowls, cups, cutlery)
- Gas gift cards
- Madison Metro bus passes (10 ride and/or 31 day passes)
- Gift cards (Walmart, Target, Woodman’s, Bath and Body Works)
- Twin size bed sheets
- Twin size mattress covers
- Towels: bath & hand
- Paper products: toilet paper, paper towel, Kleenex, feminine products
- Over the counter medications = cold meds for adults & children, pain reliever
- for adults & children
- Baby products: diapers & pull ups, wipes, rash cream/ointment, baby bath &
- lotion, powder
- Kitchen utensils: forks & spoons
- Non-perishable food items: canned goods (fruits, veggies, soups, sauces)
- boxed goods (cereal, instant potatoes & rice, jello & pudding)
- New clothing: socks & undergarments for women & children (all sizes) pajamas
- Cards: gas only, phone minutes, gift
- Heat a concern for those without homes this holiday weekend
- Flowers stolen from veterans' graves on Memorial Day weekend
- Missing Beloit girl found safe
- Beloit police look for missing 10-year-old girl
- Pavement buckling on U.S. 12 impacting traffic, WisDOT says
- Madison police investigating after man robs adult video store, flees on foot