Two people are in custody following a vehicle chase that spanned several counties Tuesday night.
The Wisconsin State Patrol said a male driver with a female passenger failed to stop on the interstate after speeding in Monroe County at 6:48 p.m.
Officials followed the vehicle in several counties including Monroe, Juneau, Columbia, Sauk and Dane.
The two were stopped near County Highway N and Interstate 90 in Dane County, as officials placed spikes in the road.
The chase lasted around 20 minutes while in Dane County and reached a maximum speed of 80 miles per hour.
The man attempted to run away on foot but was later caught. Officials said the woman remained in the car.
Authorities said no injuries were reported and that there were no third-party vehicles that sustained damage.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Would-be Uber rider attacks driver, chokes him unconscious, causing crash, police say
Man accused of using Porsche as battering ram
- Man accused of using Porsche as battering ram
- West Allis police ask for help finding missing mother, daughter
- Teenager steals unlocked vehicle from driveway, police say
- Police: DNA from shooting scene leads to Madison man's attempted-homicide arrest
- Madison woman saved with Narcan while being booked into Dane County Jail
- UW-Madison researchers designing smart toilet to collect health data