MADISON, Wis. - Attorneys for a Wisconsin man convicted of homicide in a case featured on the Netflix series
"Making A Murderer" are asking a circuit court to reconsider a prior ruling rejecting a request for a new trial.
The motion for reconsideration filed on behalf of Steven Avery in Manitowoc County Monday says the latest request is based on new evidence and legal errors.
A judge earlier this month rejected Avery's request for a new trial, saying his attorneys failed to establish any grounds to warrant a new trial. Avery was sentenced to life in prison for the 2005 slaying of Teresa Halbach, a 25-year-old photographer. Avery maintains police framed him.
Some evidence cited in the latest motion includes claims that witnesses gave false testimony at the original trial.
- Milwaukee police release video of Bucks rookie Sterling Brown arrest
- Brought together by a hate crime: 'Serve 2 Unite' delivers message at Mount Horeb High School
- Parent of school bus crash victim says a happy day took a turn for the worse
- Girl accused in officer beating stands mute in court, enters not-guilty plea
- Police: Former Lancaster student arrested after pointing gun at student in high school parking lot
- Janesville police reopen case of sexual assault allegation against former priest