For more than 70 years, National Pickle Day has been celebrated on Nov. 14 – and this year is no different.
Four Lakes Processing Collective, Madison's premier pickler of local produce, encourages all people living in Dane County to enjoy some pickles. FLPC is organized by Healthy Food For All of Dane County, as a way to support food recovery and waste reduction.
FLPC has pickled hundreds of pounds of local cucumbers, zucchini, beans and other produce within the past couple of months since its launch this summer.
"Americans eat more than five million pounds of pickles every year and the range of pickled products we're free to enjoy continues to grow," Joe Mingle, a FLPC organizer, said.
Happy National Pickle Day!
- Flight diverted to Madison, Green Bay slides off runway, officials say
- Flooding continues into weekend in several Midwest states
- No survivors after Wisconsin-bound plane crashes in Indiana
- 2 critically injured in rear-end crash near Beloit, officials say
- Suicide rate falls in Wisconsin; number of gun-related suicide deaths stays above national average
- Multiple agencies respond to fire at Briess Industries in Waterloo Thursday night