MADISON, Wis. - The trial for suspended Badgers football player Quintez Cephus, who is facing sexual assault charges, was delayed Monday.
According to court records, Cephus’ case was determined to not be “ripe for trial at this time.”
Cephus faces two felony sexual assault charges in connection with sexual assault allegations from last year.
Cephus pleaded not guilty in October to third-degree sexual assault and second-degree sexual assault of an intoxicated victim.
According to court records, Cephus’ bail is continued and a trial date will be reset.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Beaver Dam police investigating 'suspicious death' after shooting Saturday afternoon
Deputies rescue 2 wailing bear cubs trapped in flooded den
- Deputies rescue 2 wailing bear cubs trapped in flooded den
- Experts warn Midwest flood risk may persist for months
- Judge refuses to throw out homicide case against baby sitter
- Milwaukee Archdiocese removes 2 archbishops' names from headquarters complex
- Canadian pipeline group spent $11M lobbying in Minnesota last year
- Superior joins $18M cleanup of Howards Bay contamination