DOWNERS GROVE, Ill. - You will no longer be able to get a discount on Illinois tolls if you don't have an I-PASS transponder.
The Illinois Tollway announced in their September newsletter that starting next year registered I-PASS users will only get a 50 percent discount on tolls if they have their transponders in their vehicles.
"No transponder, no discount," the announcement said.
Transponders can be shared between cars and motorcycles registered to the same I-PASS account, but the transponder must be properly mounted in the vehicle when driving through the tollway, according to the announcement.
Transponders cost $10, but the deposit is automatically refunded to the I-PASS account in the form of a credit pre-paid toll accounts, according to the I-PASS website.
- Council approves 8 new MPD officers
- Democrat wins seat in traditionally red Wisconsin district
- New bill makes it easier for first responders to get help with PTSD, but it comes with a price tag
- Search to continue for missing Sun Prairie man who left on foot, police say
- Police: 19-year-old woman robbed at gunpoint in parking lot
- Social media lights up after meteor passes through the Midwest