JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Janesville man is in the Rock County Jail for allegedly driving while intoxicated, according to the Rock County Sheriff's Office.
Officials said in a release that a deputy stopped a car around 9:20 p.m. Monday in the 3500 block of North County Highway F for a traffic violation on Janevsille's north side.
The driver, 61-year-old Michael Diece, showed signs of impairment, the deputy said.
The deputy conducted an investigation to determine if Diece was operating while intoxicated. Diece was subsequently arrested on an OWI charge.
According to the release, it was Diece's fourth alleged OWI charge, a felony charge in Wisconsin. He was also cited for having open intoxicant in his vehicle.
Diece was transported to the Rock County Jail. He will appear in court on May 21.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Vehicle involved in hit-and-run crash that killed pedestrian located, police say
- Edgerton High School says new cellphone policy is making a difference in classrooms
- Woman goes to release turtle, car ends up in Rock River, dispatch says
- Woman awakens to find burglar in apartment, police say
- Police: Man covers up gambling loss by claiming he was robbed
- County board members propose renaming Squaw Bay on Lake Monona