JANESVILLE, Wis. - Two people are facing drunken driving and drug charges after an officer stopped the vehicle for traffic violations Saturday night, Janesville police said.
A Janesville officer stopped a vehicle around 9:10 p.m. at the intersection of Center Avenue and Riverside Street after observing the vehicle cross the centerline and violate a traffic signal, according to a release.
The driver of the vehicle, 35-year-old Stephanie N. Mitchell, of Janesville, was suspected of driving while intoxicated, and was arrested after failing field sobriety tests, police said. Mitchell faces a tentative charge of fourth-offense operating while intoxicated.
Mitchell’s passenger, 41-year-old Charles L. Stewart, of Beaver Dam, was arrested on a tentative charge of possession of cocaine with intent to deliver.
Highway reopens following police activity in Beaver Dam, DOT officials say
Dump truck driver dumps dirt, rocks into traffic during police pursuit, sheriff says
- Highway reopens following police activity in Beaver Dam, DOT officials say
- Dump truck driver dumps dirt, rocks into traffic during police pursuit, sheriff says
- Woman reported missing from Janesville found safe, officials say
- Man accused of attacking 2 women near UW-Madison pleads not guilty to new charges
- About 70 treated after air quality forces school evacuation
- Cocaine dealer on probation arrested on suspicion of dealing cocaine