JANESVILLE, Wis. - Two people are facing drunken driving and drug charges after an officer stopped the vehicle for traffic violations Saturday night, Janesville police said.
A Janesville officer stopped a vehicle around 9:10 p.m. at the intersection of Center Avenue and Riverside Street after observing the vehicle cross the centerline and violate a traffic signal, according to a release.
The driver of the vehicle, 35-year-old Stephanie N. Mitchell, of Janesville, was suspected of driving while intoxicated, and was arrested after failing field sobriety tests, police said. Mitchell faces a tentative charge of fourth-offense operating while intoxicated.
Mitchell’s passenger, 41-year-old Charles L. Stewart, of Beaver Dam, was arrested on a tentative charge of possession of cocaine with intent to deliver.
- Madison named one of National Geographic Traveler's best small cities
- Madison man arrested on suspicion of 5th OWI
- DOJ launches ads to raise elder abuse awareness
- 3 injured in 'serious crash' that closed Highway 51, officials say
- Dryer fire caused by throw rug displaces 1 resident, officials say
- Spectrum Brands expected to sell battery business to Energizer for $2 billion