MADISON, Wis. - Tickets are officially for sale for the 2018 Reebok CrossFit Games.
The Games will be held from Aug. 1-5 at the Alliant Energy Center. Tickets went on sale Tuesday.
There will be 560 "elite" athletes from around the world competing for the title of "Fittest on Earth," according to a news release from Visit Madison. Officials said last year more than 70,000 attended the event and it generated $12 million in spending throughout Dane County.
There will also be a vendor pavilion, a 20,000-square-foot beer garden, an expansive food court, live demonstrations from CrossFit experts and a spectator workout space.
“The CrossFit Games are an incredible display of strength, stamina, and mental toughness,” said Jamie Patrick, Vice President of Madison Area Sports Commission.
Single-day tickets include access to daily events and activities, and individual and team events held outside the Coliseum. Tickets for Wednesday and Thursday are $25. Tickets for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are $35. Children under 12 will receive free admission to the festival grounds. Tickets can be purchased at games.crossfit.com or through Ticketmaster.
More than 416,000 athletes competed in the 2018 CrossFit Open, but only 560 earned a spot to compete at the 2018 Reebok CrossFit Games.
- High speed chase, crash leads to power outage in Madison
- Reedsburg sees surprise tax increase, administrator resigns after calculation error
- Wisconsin's Chris Kroeze takes second place in 'The Voice'
- Madison visitor's bureau gives out warm clothes
- Swiss transplant brings life-sized advent calendar to New Glarus's downtown
- County Executive Joe Parisi volunteers to bell ring for Salvation Army