TOWN OF SHIELDS, Wis. - Two men are in the hospital after their air boat crashed into a tree in Dodge County.
It happened around 11 p.m. Thursday on the flooded part of the Beaver Dam River in the Town of Shields.
Three people were ejected from the boat when it hit the tree. Erik Joost, 23, of Waukesha, was operating the air boat when the incident happened. He sustained minor injuries.
Zachary Azmani, 24 of Hales Corners, and Ian Wolfe, 27 or West Allis, both sustained serious but non-life-threatening injuries after they were thrown from the boat.
A fourth passenger, Robert Krueger, 24, of Waukesha, wasn't injured in the crash.
The Dodge County Sheriff and the DNR continue to investigate how the crash happened. Speed and low visibility appear to be factors in the crash, according to the sheriff's department.
- Immigration rights activists protest bill at state Capitol
- Wisconsin man guilty of throwing gas-filled bottles at Seattle police
- Brodhead theft suspect turns himself in
- Alliant shuts off some utilities in Rock County because of flooding
- Middleton bank robbed Monday afternoon, police say
- Parent writes 'gun' on cardboard, gets into Madison classroom