MADISON, Wis. - A car that was stolen last week on Madison’s north side was found parked in the lot of an apartment complex Tuesday afternoon, police said.
A 51-year-old Madison man started his car on Dec. 6 around 5:40 p.m. in the 2000 block of Aberg Avenue and left it unlocked and running so it could warm up as he prepared to head home from his job, according to a release. Officials said when the man went back out, his 2003 Ford Taurus was gone.
On Tuesday afternoon, an officer found the stolen car in the lot of a Northport Drive apartment complex, according to the release.
The officer blocked the car with his squad car, and arrested a 15-year-old and 16-year-old who were inside the car, police said. The teens claimed they purchased the car from a guy named John who had posted it for sale on Craigslist.
According to the release, the teens were arrested on a tentative charge of operating a motor vehicle without the owner’s consent.
Police: East Towne bank robbery could be related to others in area
Rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain all possible Thursday night
- Police: East Towne bank robbery could be related to others in area
- Rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain all possible Thursday night
- Officers, K-9 search for masked bank robber in Madison
- Caretaker charged in death of disabled girl in Milwaukee
- UW System President responds to shared governance concerns
- EPA assesses apartment where potentially explosive chemicals found