MADISON, Wis. - A 15-year-old girl is seriously injured after what police are calling an accidental shooting on Madison's east side.
Madison Police were called to the Kwik Trip at 4402 East Buckeye Road just off of Stoughton Road at 11:45 p.m. Wednesday night for a report of someone being shot. Once there, officers found the girl with a serious gunshot wound. She was later taken to a local hospital for treatment.
Police say their initial investigation is leading them to believe the shooting was not intentional. The investigation is still ongoing.
- Middleton company looks to change wheelchair industry
- ‘It was built to last, and it will:' Following explosion, owners to restore Old City Hall
- Man tries to hide golf clubs under his hoodie during retail theft attempt
- Hikers catch rattlesnake on camera at Devil's Lake State Park
- UPDATE: Missing Dane County inmate found and arrested
- UPDATE: Dane County inmate who went AWOL arrested by authorities