TOWN OF THERESA, Wis. - A teenager is dead following a crash in Dodge County on Thursday.
Deputies with the Dodge County Sheriff’s Office were called out to the intersection of Hochheim Road and Freedom Road in the Town of Theresa.
Alex Nortman, 18, of Mayville, was pronounced dead at the scene by the Dodge County Medical Examiner’s Office.
Their initial investigation shows that a car, that was heading northbound on Freedom Road, failed to stop at the intersection with Hochheim Road. Deputies said it collided with a pickup truck.
A 19-year-old man from Mayville was driving the car. He was taken to an area hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
There were three passengers in the car. A 19-year-old man was airlifted from the scene with serious injuries. A 16-year-old girl was also taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The driver of the pickup was a 26-year-old man from Mayville. He was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The Dodge County Sheriff’s Office and Wisconsin State Patrol are investigating the crash. The Dodge County Sheriff said alcohol did not play a role in this crash.
The names of those involved are being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Parents rally to ‘call the shots' with vaccines as doctor warns measles will likely hit Wisconsin
- Study says Beloit is the worst place to live in Wisconsin, leaders there say that's not true
- Sen. Ron Johnson says Joe Biden poses the greatest threat to President Donald Trump in Wisconsin
- 61-year-old man in hospital after hit-and-run
- Sen. Johnson doesn't support 6-week abortion ban
- Vienna Beef Ltd. recalls beef products in Wisconsin