GRATIOT TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A Darlington teen crashed his car into a tow truck after falling asleep behind the wheel, according to a release by the Lafayette County Sheriff’s Office.
The crash happened Tuesday on State Highway 11 in Gratiot Township.
Matthew J. King, 16, of Darlington, was driving eastbound on State Highway 11 when he fell asleep and went into the other lane of traffic, according to the release. His vehicle ended up hitting a tow truck.
Alex R. Douglas, 41, of Darlington, was driving the tow truck, according to the release.
No one was hurt, but as mentioned in the news release, King’s vehicle was damaged and towed from the scene.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
MPD: Motel guest opens door to find stranger with gun; other guests have purse, wallet stolen
Drunken driver crashes into Beaver Dam school causing estimated $100K in damage, officials say
- Drunken driver crashes into Beaver Dam school causing estimated $100K in damage, officials say
- Fire likely ignited by discarded cigarettes causes $50,000 in vehicle damage
- Lyft, MGE offer financial support to increase electric vehicle ride-sharing in Madison
- Board to hear former inmate's demand for $5.7 million
- Eau Claire man accused of threatening workplace shooting
- Chef Tory Miller reflects on closing of Sujeo, shares what's next