ROCKFORD, Ill. - A tavern in Illinois offered free beer to the Illinois Department of Transportation Crew if it finished roadwork by Monday.
While the crew did joke with Olympic Tavern general manager Zach Rotello that they would take him up on his offer, the roadwork was not completed by the restaurant's deadline.
"It's fun to reach out directly to people and get their attention," Rotello said.
Olympic Tavern had the sign out for over a week, Rotello said.
Multiple fire departments responding to structure fire in Springdale
Doctors see more flu cases as Wisconsin experiences severe outbreak
- Multiple fire departments responding to structure fire in Springdale
- Doctors see more flu cases as Wisconsin experiences severe outbreak
- Gander Mountain Janesville will re-open Saturday
- Verona High School honors former student with scholarship
- Radioactive isotope used to detect the spread of cancer will soon be manufactured in Janesville
- Madison has used the least water in fifty years