MANITOWOC, Wis. - Manitiwoc police say a man was taken into custody after barricading himself in a basement.
Police say they received 911 text messages early Saturday afternoon that a man was pointing a handgun at a woman in a home. Officers responded as the victims were able to leave the home.
Police asked for help from a SWAT team because the man was reported to have a gun. Attempts to make phone contact with the man failed, but police were able to approach the home and talk to him.
The 48-year-old Manitowoc man was ordered out of the house and taken into custody on outstanding warrants. Authorities are investigating and will determine whether to pursue additional charges.
- MMSD adds all-gender bathrooms to every school in district
- Freezing rain? It's nowhere near as bad as the 1976 ice storm
- Police: Burglar kicks in door while homeowners were away
- DOT: Crash causes major traffic backups near Milton
- Investigators: Fire at Mt. Olympus Theme Park was not arson
- Republican lawmaker proposes guns in private schools