LAKE DELTON, Wis. - A suspicious object that prompted Lake Delton police to evacuate businesses Saturday was determined to be a canister of fabric starch, according to a release from police.
Lake Delton police were called around 5:20 p.m. about a suspicious object near the U.S. Cellular Store on Commerce Street, officials said.
Officers found a cylinder-shaped object on the shoulder of the road on the south side of the cellphone store, according to the release. Officers were unable to identify the object, so they evacuated all businesses in the immediate area.
The Dane County Sheriff’s Department Bomb Squad responded and used an Andros F6B robot to examine the object, officials said. They eventually determined the object was a cylinder Sizing Spray Unit, which contains starch used to stiffen fabrics.
The area was deemed safe and businesses were reopened, according to the release.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
2 motorcyclists in hospital after crash in Beaver Dam
ATC says transformer failed, causing substation fires; state not responsible for inspections
- ATC says transformer failed, causing substation fires; state not responsible for inspections
- Madison jazz legend and radio host dies after battle with cancer
- Drivers detouring US 151 construction lead to increase in crashes at Dodgeville intersection
- Aw, shucks! 'Corn sweat' can cause local spikes in humidity, heat index
- 2 Wisconsin brothers missing in Missouri
- Uber driver brings 2 sisters 200 miles from Madison to aunt's 100th birthday party in Minnesota