MADISON, Wis. - UW Hospital confirms the person at the center of an abuse investigation at Meriter Hospital previously worked at UW Hospital.
News 3 is not identifying the suspended nurse who is listed by name in some state documents because no official charges have been filed, but a spokesperson says a nurse with the same name worked at the hospital 15 years ago from July to October 2003 as a nursing intern.
The nurse was suspended in February following unexplained injuries of patients inside Meriter’s NICU. An investigation by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid shows five babies suffered injuries from bruising to a skull fracture between April 2017 and February 2018. The CMS report shows the suspended nurse handled each of the five babies.
- New allegations released against retired Fort Atkinson priest
- Parents say special education is in crisis, address MMSD
- 'Ministry of presence': How chaplains are helping wellness of police officers in Wisconsin
- Man who sexually assaulted UW student to be placed in Fitchburg apartment
- Residents see floating bogs on Lake Koshkonong
- Police: Suspect in suspicious death found, arrested within 14 hours