MADISON, Wis. - UW Hospital confirms the person at the center of an abuse investigation at Meriter Hospital previously worked at UW Hospital.
News 3 is not identifying the suspended nurse who is listed by name in some state documents because no official charges have been filed, but a spokesperson says a nurse with the same name worked at the hospital 15 years ago from July to October 2003 as a nursing intern.
The nurse was suspended in February following unexplained injuries of patients inside Meriter’s NICU. An investigation by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid shows five babies suffered injuries from bruising to a skull fracture between April 2017 and February 2018. The CMS report shows the suspended nurse handled each of the five babies.
- UW students to install solar panels in Puerto Rico
- Man leads police on high-speed chase, injures 4 in hit-and-run crash
- Officials looking for trio in Wisconsin Lottery ticket robbery
- Milwaukee man dies in car crash, fire after shot fired
- Man arrested after grabbing woman's buttocks at bar, police say
- Milwaukee man shot, wounded during attempted robbery