ROCK COUNTY, Wis. - A 43-year-old Janesville man was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving after his vehicle rolled over into a creek early Sunday morning.
Rock County deputies responded to the traffic accident on UHS 14 East near Emerald Grove Road around 2 a.m. When they arrived, deputies and the Clinton Fire Department found a Volkswagen Beetle upside down in the creek near Emrald Grove Road.
A preliminary investigation found Jon Hassinger was traveling west on Highway 14 when he lost control at a curve in the road. The car rolled over and landed on its roof.
Hassinger and his passenger, 42-year-old Tony Potts, of Janesville, were both taken to Mercy Hospital to be evaluated. Potts was reported to have injuries to his face and torso.
Hassinger was transported to the Rock County Jail on charges of reckless driving, his second suspected OWI, and causing injury while operating while intoxicated, a felony.
Hassinger is being held at the Rock County Jail until his initial court appearance, which is scheduled for Tuesday.
- Police: 19-year-old woman robbed at gunpoint in parking lot
- Social media lights up after meteor passes through the Midwest
- Consumer Reports: Veggies that are more healthy cooked than raw
- Motion to override Taco Bell liquor license veto fails
- Former Dane County deputy charged with stealing funds from union, court records show
- Memo says Foxconn cost to taxpayers could near $4.5 billion