BEAVER DAM, Wis. - The suspect involved in a fiery crash at a Beaver Dam school Wednesday night is facing a felony charge.
The Beaver Dam Police Department said Roy Cortez, 22, of Beaver Dam, faces one count of fleeing an operator and causing property damage.
According to court records, a $10,000 cash bond has been set for Cortez, who was charged Thursday.
Beaver Dam police said Cortez drove into the Beaver Dam Middle School near the intersection of West Mackie Street and Grove Street. The crash caused over $100,000 in structural damage to the building, which later caught on fire after Cortez hit an electrical transformer that was sending power to the building.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Semi crash blocks part of John Nolen Drive in downtown Madison
- Edgerton family, pets safe after home catches fire
- Two masked teenagers jump, rob man in front of his daughter overnight
- Suspect shoots man in ear outside Walmart parking lot, arrested at Wisconsin hospital
- ‘We look forward to becoming good neighbors': Workforce housing complex approved in Middleton
- Father of Sandy Hook victim who sued conspiracy theorist awarded $450,000