MADISON, Wis. - Madison police and Madison Metropolitan School District safety officials are investigating reports of a suspicious individual after students spotted an unknown person near school grounds Wednesday.
At the end of the school day Wednesday, students at Akira Toki Middle School and Orchard Ridge Elementary School reported seeing a person they did not recognize dressed in all white by a pond near the woods behind the school.
The individual did not attempt to make contact with the students, but the encounter seemed suspicious enough for the students to report it to school staff.
Staff and students will not have access to the woods until more information is known.
- Wisconsin Sen. Johnson concerned about `widespread tariffs'
- Authorities: Man who crashed car had gunshot wound
- Potosi man dies after falling into pond, getting stuck in trampoline straps, officials say
- Racine officer on paid leave for more than 2 years
- Culver's donates 50 percent of Tuesday's sales to family of Capt. Cory Barr
- Madison man smashed over head with beer bottle in battery case