FITCHBURG, Wis. - A stray bullet went through the wall of a home and pierced the headboard of a bed where a woman and a child were sleeping in Fitchburg at about 11:15 a.m. Monday, officials said.
Fitchburg police went to the home on the 2800 block of King James Way after gunfire was reported. The bullet was found inside an interior wall, according to a release from the Fitchburg Police Department.
The bullet reportedly went through an exterior wall, through the headboard, struck a VCR on a dresser and eventually landed inside the wall. There were no injuries.
Fitchburg police do not have a suspect and the investigation is ongoing.
Police ask that anyone with information contact the Fitchburg Police Department at 608-266-6014.
- Apartment building hit by gunfire in downtown shooting, police say
- Austin Police say serial bomber is dead, motive still unclear
- Nearly $35K raised for Beaver Dam residents displaced by controlled burn
- Suspicious package found at Beloit Shopko does not contain threat, police say
- Consumer Reports: Best carpet cleaning machines
- Call for Action: Power company to cut down trees near lines instead of trimming them