MADISON, Wis. - Stoughton Road will be closed in both directions over the weekend for railroad crossing replacement, according to a release from the Department of Transportation.
Stoughton Road will be closed between East Washington Avenue and Highway 30 starting at 8 p.m. on Friday and going until 6 a.m. on Monday, officials said.
The railroad crossing there is being repaired after multiple drivers complained about its condition, either running suspensions or forcing drivers to slam on their brakes. Drivers in the area say teh posted speed limit of 45 mph is too high to safely cross the tracks.
Traffic must use alternate routes, and detour signs will be posted Friday night.
The detour will use East Washington Avenue, Interstate 39/90/94 and Highway 30, officials said.
Meantime, one southbound lane of Stoughton Road will remain open to Commercial Ave. from East Washington, as will northbound Highway 51 from Commercial Ave.
Traffic will still be able to cross HIghway 51 on Commerical Ave., and Commerical Ave. itself will remain open all weekend, as will the service road.
Baldwin, Vukmir talk foreign policy in final debate
'They've been one of the best teams': Fans think Brewers can win NLCS, continue to World Series
- 'They've been one of the best teams': Fans think Brewers can win NLCS, continue to World Series
- UW-Madison kicks off homecoming weekend with parade
- 74-year-old woman dies after crash in Janesville, police say
- All lanes reopen after crash near Schuster's Farm, officials say
- 8-year-old boy injured in fall from cliff at Taylors Falls
- 'The damage can be pretty severe from a deer hit': What you need to know as deer-hit season peaks