STOUGHTON, Wis. - A storm Tuesday afternoon caused a brief power outage affecting about 3,000 customers, an official said.
Stoughton Utilities Director Jill Weiss said about one-third of the utility's more than 8,000 customers were without power for about an hour.
Weiss said two of the city's four substations were affected when the power source, American Transmission Company, had an outage. Power was restored by about 4:40 p.m.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Sheriff: 13-year-old on GPS monitoring was driver in high-speed chase that ended in Columbia County
Police: Janesville man who drove on curbs, damaged public property arrested for 8th OWI
- Police: Janesville man who drove on curbs, damaged public property arrested for 8th OWI
- DNC delegations won't stay in Madison, but party chair says visitors will
- Fennimore man faces 3 charges of sexual assault involving 3 children
- Dane County uses snow plow simulator to prepare drivers for winter
- Dane County Medical Examiner identifies Madison's first homicide victim of 2019
- Beaver Dam Middle School closes indefinitely following crash into building