MADISON, Wis. - A stolen car was found near the scene of a home burglary in Madison on Monday, officials said.
Madison police said the original incident happened on the 1000 block of Gilson Street Tuesday at 4:30 p.m. Officials said a 58-year-old woman's vehicle was stolen after she got out to see if she ran something over in the area.
The incident report said the woman's car was later found on the 900 block of Blue Aster Trail early Saturday morning. Authorities said the victims of the home burglary accidentally left their garage door open overnight.
The report said one of the burglars entered the home while they were sleeping and stole wallets, a phone and two sets of car keys. Police said the burglars also drove off with the homeowners' Honda Civic and Porsche Cayenne GTS.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Seasonably cold through Wednesday; mild temperatures aren't favorable for white Christmas
- Milwaukee officer, four others injured after police chase
- All lanes open on Highway 14 at South Valley Road in Black Earth after crash
- Students in esports championship focus on leadership over competition
- Victim dies after shooting on Madison's south side
- Wisconsin Volleyball advances to Final Four