COLUMBUS, Wis. - Speed and alcohol are believed to be factors in the crash that killed a Madison man in Dodge County early Sunday, according to a news release.
The Dodge County Sheriff's Office said deputies responded at 6:53 a.m. to a report of a one-vehicle rollover crash on Highway 16/60 near Oxbow Road.
Deputies, along with Columbus police, fire and EMS responders found 38-year-old Jack R. Dennis who needed to be extricated from the wreck, officials said. He was taken to UW Hospital in Madison for life-threatening injuries.
Initial investigation shows a 2014 Lexus was headed east on Highway 16/60 and left the road on a curve, struck a culvert and began to roll. Police said the initial investigation shows that speed and alcohol may have been factors in this crash. The crash is still under investigation
The Dodge County Sheriff’s Office was notified at 7:35 p.m. Sunday that Dennis had died at UW Hospital from injuries suffered in the crash.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Cops and Bobbers connects kids with police officers through fishing
- Dogs offered free day in park
- Paddle and Portage racers compete for more than just the finish line
- Madison celebrates Juneteenth with local gathering, food, music
- UW police: Man arrested for showing gun after road rage incident at UW Arboretum
- East Madison community responds to Buckeye Road construction