DODGEVILLE, Wis. - A restaurant on Highway 23 in Dodgeville was destroyed by fire Wednesday afternoon.
Crews responded around 4:30 p.m. to a large structure fire at Barn 23 Restaurant on Highway 23 north of Dodgeville. The bar recently closed, so no one was inside at the time the fire was reported, officials said.
The fire was still burning Thursday morning. Firefighters decided to let the fire burn itself out.
Smoke from the fire caused travel issues, according to the Iowa County Sheriff’s Office. Highway 23 was closed until just before 9 p.m.
Officials said guests and personnel at the Don Q Inn were evacuated as a precaution.
Officials said Friday that the cause of the fire has been ruled as undetermined.
- Suspect shoots man in ear outside Walmart parking lot, arrested at Wisconsin hospital
- ‘We look forward to becoming good neighbors': Workforce housing complex approved in Middleton
- Father of Sandy Hook victim who sued conspiracy theorist awarded $450,000
- Elderly veteran still missing after August disappearance
- Rock County girl dedicates her 10th birthday to raising money for sheriff's K-9 unit
- Wisconsin police officer won't be charged in fatal shooting